Wednesday 8 February 2012

Further music research

I have looked at some less well known artists, those that I hope will be easier to obtain licensing from, so i can get permission to use their music. It is also good to do some more research, as if I do choose to use my own artist and get a piece composed, then I will have a better idea of what I want, what I feel I connect with, and what might work for the advert.


I really like the feel of this song , the tempo and the mood created by it fits really well with my idea for the advert, and the lyrics fit with the narrative of the advert.


The lyrics in the first 30 seconds of this advert are :

It all starts with a tiny step
And if you cant do it i’ll carry you on my back
Lets go where you wanna go
Lets go where the river flows



However, the band is fairly well known, and the chances of me gaining the rights to a song like this are fairly slim. However, I now have a greater idea of what I am looking for, and will continue to look. I have also Emailed the band, and am waiting on a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment